Thursday 1 September 2011

Help! Your Experience of Support in Post-Natal Illness

Pregnancy
I've been working on some research the past couple of months for an important piece on post-natal illness and the kind of support networks and services which are available to sufferers and their families. Having suffered from PNI, and known many, many other Mums (and some partners) who have too, I know that this all-too-common illness is not given the attention and understanding it rightly deserves by our perinatal care systems.


I'm really keen to get this work out into the public spotlight but first I need some real-life stories and stats to back me up (or prove me wrong!). That's where you guys come in :) 


Below are links to a survey I've set up. You may take part either as a mother, partner, or on behalf of someone else. Taking part in the survey is completely confidential and anonymous. I know that for most, this is an extremely sensitive issue and it can be hard even to admit to yourself sometimes, let alone others. I want you to know I really appreciate your responses, and I hope that you feel you can be as honest and open about this as you wish to be. None of the questions are required, so you can answer as much or as little as you like.


The survey is split into two parts for technical reasons. So once you've finished the first part, just come back here and click on the second link. Obviously I'd prefer you to answer (or have a go at) both parts, but again, that's up to you.


Although the survey has a slight leaning towards UK-based support services, I'd be interested in responses from any other country too.


If you have any questions, concerns or anything else, please feel free to drop me an email: giveanearthly [at] gmail [dot] com.


Thanks!


*********************************************************************
Questionnaire
Your Experience: Support Through Post-Natal Illness







*********************************************************************

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...